YOUR EXPEDITION INCLUDES
- Professional trip leader.
- Meals and accommodation starting day one as indicated in your itinerary.
- Admission to all proposed activities and events, including the entrance fees to National parks.
- 1 bottle of water per person per day. Water in Costa Rica is potable in all locations we will visit. You can refill your bottles of water in every hotel.
- Private transportation 24/7.
TRAVELERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Airfare from and to Home.
- Airline baggage charges.
- Hotel accommodations near the airport if arrival is prior to the expedition start date.
- Hotel accommodations near the airport if staying a day or more after the last day of the expedition.
- Transportation from/to the airport, if arrival or departure is prior to or after the first or last day of the expedition.
- Individual travel insurance (Highly suggested).
- Additional meals and drinks outside of Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L offerings.
- Alcoholic or soft drinks.
- Gratuities for lodge staff, restaurant waiters, driver & trip leader.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Please keep in mind that we are venturing deep into nature areas to facilitate finding of most species possible, sometimes requiring long drives. If you have any medications, you must bring enough with you for the entire day. It is best to keep them sealed in plastic Ziploc bags.
In terms of disease risk malaria and zika are rare but present, therefore insect repellent and long sleeve shirts are required, especially at night. Travelers should consult their own physicians about potential preventative measures, including vaccines.
If you are visiting South American countries such as Colombia, Peru, or Ecuador please check with your home country´s health department regulations concerning any required vaccines.
Temperatures, most of the lodges visited will be in the lowlands, where the weather hot and humid. When in highlands, though, the temperature drops considerably, especially at night and in the early morning.
Lodging, we strive locate high quality species. This means we will travel far out in the countryside where many of the lodges provide limited amenities such as no air conditioning. Ceiling fans are always provided for your comfort if air conditioning is unavailable.
We recommend you have a medium fitness level to fully participate on this expedition. Most of our shootings are done from hides, photo platforms, or near our van.
We do not venture on long hikes along our expeditions but be prepared to walk up to a mile through thick muddy jungle terrain with heavy equipment in order to find a specific quality species of birds. Porter´s help will be offered when available at lodges.
To guarantee your place on an expedition a non-refundable secure deposit of $1000.00 USD is required.
Payments are to be made in USA dollars only, unless stated otherwise. Payments are accepted as a bank transfer or via Paypal. Clients are responsible for any bank/PayPal fees incurred at both ends.
Prices are based on double occupancy. A single supplement charge of $500.00 USD will be applied.
Payment options for your convenience we provide 2 payment options.
- After the secure deposit is made, 50% of the remaining amount is due 6 months prior to the starting date of the trip, and the final payment is due 30 days prior to starting day of the trip.
- After the secure deposit is made, 100% of remaining amount is due 60 days prior to starting date of the trip.
Confirmation receipt of your payment will be sent via email once it has been received. This can take up to 6 business days. if you do not receive confirmation please email us immediately at: email@example.com
All reservations will be final after your acceptance of the itinerary and the secure deposit is received.
By submitting your secure deposit, you acknowledge and confirm that you have read Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L trip’s Terms & Conditions, Liability and Release of Liability.
All cancellations must be made in writing, stating the reason(s) (change of mind is not a valid reason) for your cancellation. The letter must be signed by the person(s) who signed the booking form originally submitted to Sueños Natura S.R.L. In the case of a scheduled tour, if the tour is not full at the time of your cancellation, you will receive a refund minus a US$100 administration fee and minus any non-refundable guarantee deposit.
No refunds will be made at any time if your scheduled tour is full.
- Unless we can replace your booking, or you get another participant to take your place instead.
- If your cancellation results in the number of tour participants dropping to below minimum numbers
- After 90 days prior to the start of a booked tour.
- There are no refunds for unused meals, accommodations, or other trip features should you decide not to participate fully, or should it be necessary to make changes during the tour.
- No refunds will be made in case of a cancellation of a private tour by the client.
Sueños Natura S.R.L. reserves the right to cancel any trip due to weather or other unsuitable conditions. In such a case a refund (minus any non-refundable deposits we have made to ground agents or accommodation) of the tour price paid to date will be made to the participant.
At our discretion we may apply a deposit credit to be used within 1 year of workshop date. Please note that price increase adjustments may apply.
In case of overbooking by a hotel we will provide nearby hotel accommodations of equal quality for the required nights. This will not result in any alteration of scheduled activities.
Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L reserves the right to revise the itinerary, number of tour members, tour leader, tour vehicle or any other aspect of the tour before and during the tour. While on tour if weather or other conditions require an itinerary change, this change will be discussed, as fairly as possible with the clients, but the final decision will be made by the tour leader.
- If as a result of a change in the itinerary clients miss an opportunity to see any specific bird species this does not entitle these clients to a refund.
- If due to unexpected local road, weather or other conditions the duration of the tour needs to be reduced by more than one (1) day this will entitle clients to a reasonable refund to be calculated by Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L
- If due to unpredicted local road, weather or other conditions the duration of the tour needs to be extended clients will not be charged commercial tour rates for the extension by Sueños Natura S.R.L but clients will be required to pay for their own accommodation, food and all other expenses for the duration of the extension.
- Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L will not be liable for any costs incurred by clients due to a tour returning to its destination earlier or later than scheduled.
- Birds are wild animals and no sightings of any species can be guaranteed. Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L will not be held responsible for clients not seeing any particular species.
- The use of flash is not allowed for some endemic and resident species. In the feeder spots multi-flash is not allowed.
- The use of playback is limited to guides.
- For field trips, set ups will be prepared to provide exceptional photo opportunities.
- Disruption/disturbance of wildlife for the purpose of a better photograph is not allowed.
- Laundry cannot be done in hotel rooms. if laundry is done and any damage is made to the sink or any equipment inside the room, the client must pay for the materials and labor needed to reestablish the operation of the room.
- Our trip leader will suggest laundry opportunities along the trip.
The tour participant agrees that Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L is not liable for injury, death, damage, monetary loss or loss of property as a result of participating in any tour. Participants should arrange their own health and travel insurance. Travel insurance should cover unforeseen costs, e.g., a plane delay due to inclement weather.
For and in consideration of the opportunity to participate in the tour, each tour participant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L, its agents, employees, shareholders, officers, directors, solicitors and contractors as set forth herewith. Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L acts only as an agent for the passenger in regard to travel, whether by bus, boat, local airplane, or by other means, and assumes no liability for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity caused by defect in such vehicles or for any reason whatsoever, including the acts, defaults, or bankruptcies of any company or person engaged in conveying the passenger or in the carrying out the arrangements of the tour. Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L accepts no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or charges in air or other services, sickness, weather, strike, war, quarantine, or other causes. The tour participant shall bear all such losses and expenses.
Release of Liability
I have carefully read and accept the Terms and Conditions and the Cancellation Policy provided herein. Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L gives notice that it is only an agent to the owners and suppliers providing accommodations and guest services in those establishments. Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L assumes no responsibility for any delay, mishap, inconvenience, expense, injury or death or damage to property occasioned through acts of nature, detention, weather, quarantines, strikes or civil disturbances. Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L reserves the right to alter the itinerary and/or substitute hotels and transportation when deemed necessary or advisable in order to successfully operate the trip. I/we acknowledge that during a trip to a destination such as this and on a tour of this nature, certain risks and dangers may be involved, including but not limited to riverboat tour, hiking over slippery, muddy trails and rocky trails and underdeveloped areas, the forces of nature, and accident or illness in remote areas without means of rapid evacuation or availability of medical supplies and facilities. I am voluntarily participating in these activities with the knowledge of the element of risk dangers involved and hereby agree to assume any and all risks, including injury and death. I acknowledge that the enjoyment of a trip of adventure travel is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by travel and activity beyond the accepted safety of life at home or work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment, being a reason for my participation. I understand that many risks are beyond the control of Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L. I therefore release and discharge (and will not make a claim against) Sueños Natura FSM S.R.L and its owners, agents, employees, beneficiaries and contractors, for bodily injury, death, property damage resulting from negligence or any cause during or after participating on this tour. This release of liability is entered on behalf of all members of my family. I certify that I have read the Terms and Conditions as well as the Release of Liability section and that am over 18 years of age. I understand that this is a legally binding and enforceable contract and sign it of my own free will. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.